Tuesday, March 14, 2017

5 tips on starting a blog!

Hey y'all! Today I'm here to give you some tips on starting a blog, and I'm going to be honest and tell you that this is my 3rd blog! Yes, I had two blogs before this that completely failed! Why? because I didn't do much research. Sure, I read tons of blogs but I had no idea on how to start one. So here are a few tips!


  1. Love your layout. If you don't love the look of your blog, you won't want to post. I purchased a layout from Designer Blogs for only $15, and the result was this. Inspiration to post, knowing that I had put a few dollars into this blog and that it was looking fabulous!
  2. Make it personal. Start off with an "about me" page. Tell your readers a little bit about yourself, so they can have a more personal connection to your blog. Blog about YOU! Travel diaries, things I'm loving and Get ready with me are SO popular!
  3. Connect. I can't stress this enough. Make a contact page! That way people can reach out to you about post ideas and maybe even ask you to rep or sponsor their company for product! You can also collab, which brings me into my next tip. 
  4. Collab. If you love a certain blogger that is around your age and want to grow your blog, reach out to them! tell them you'd like to collab and you can form a great online friendship! Collabs are so fun, and you can meet new people!
  5. Link your blog. Start an instagram page for your blog, and spread the word! If people see that you have a blog with an interesting post going up, chances are they'll click the link in your bio! It's honestly the way I get most of my viewers! 
I hope y'all enjoyed that post! If you're thinking about starting a blog, Do it! Contact me if you'd like to collab or work together and I will happily respond!
-Mira

1 comment:

  1. hello there mira. my name is memmet. i have an instagram travel diary called travel_with_the_maddz. it would mean so much to me if you followed and gave me a few tips thanks ilysm

    ReplyDelete